How can I help?
Helpline for Surrey: 01483 776822
9am to 9pm, 7 days a week
provided by yourSanctuary
There are a number of ways that you can be involved and support the work of Surrey’s domestic abuse outreach services. These include:
- Donating your time and volunteering
- Making a financial donation
- Organising or taking part in sponsored events
- Including us in your will
- Attending fundraising events
- Donating raffle prizes or refreshments for the event
- Providing venues for us to hold training and/or events in
If you have a few hours to spare and would like to make a positive difference to people experiencing domestic abuse, there are a number of volunteering opportunities available within Surrey’s outreach services. Tasks range from helping to run a support group or befriending a client who has separated from an abusive partner, to fundraising or helping staff the yourSanctuary Surrey 24 hour helpline.
Please use the links below for full details of the opportunities available:
- East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services (ESDAS) (covering Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge and Mole Valley).
- yourSanctuary (providing outreach services in Woking, Surrey Heath, and Runnymede and the Surrey 24 hour helpline)
- North Surrey Domestic Abuse Service (providing services in Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell and Spelthorne)
Making a Donation
Where will your donation go?
All donations are used to provide direct support to survivors of domestic abuse and/or their children.
If you wish to specify how your donation is spent please feel free to do so. In the past other donors have given funds to:
- Provide emergency assistance for clients and their children which may include transport to a place of safety such as a refuge, food or clothing for a family who have had to flee their home or mobile phone credit.
- Pay for school uniforms for relocated children
- Provide Easter/Christmas or birthday treats for children who may have no or little contact with their extended families
- Provide counselling for survivors of domestic abuse
Help us improve the life of the survivors of abusive relationships.
Personal statement from a victim of domestic abuse: “Surrey Domestic Abuse Services have made it possible for me to believe that I have a right to choose not to live with people who are abusive.”
How it benefits you
If you want to donate to charity and you’re a UK taxpayer, there are a range of tax incentives and schemes available to help you. In using these methods you may be able to claim back tax.
All Surrey Domestic Abuse Services could also claim extra income on the donation you give through tax relief or exemption. These tax incentives are only available for UK taxpayers making gifts to UK charities.
How to make a donation
To make a donation please contact your local Domestic Abuse Service using the details provided below.
While we are very appreciative of anonymous donations, we would like to increase the value of as many donations as possible by asking donors who have made their gift out of taxed income to complete a Gift Aid Declaration, which will then allow us to reclaim 28 pence for every £1 donated to us making your donations even more valuable.
Through a deduction from your pay
If your employer operates a Give As You Earn arrangement it should be possible to request that a regular amount is deducted from your pay each month which will then be credited to us.
Through sponsored events
If you wish to arrange or take part in a sponsored event we would be happy to supply you with publicity material, sponsorship forms and help you publicise the event.
For more information contact your local outreach service using the details below.
By remembering us in your will
It is possible to arrange this through your own solicitors when making your will – just tell them what you want to do.
If however, you do not have a solicitor or will we are able to assist you by referring you to a firm of solicitors who already handle some of our clients’ interests.
For further information on making a donation through your will, please contact your local outreach service using the details below.
Surrey outreach services:
- yourSanctuary Outreach (serving Woking, Runnymede and Surrey Heath): 01483 776822 www.yoursanctuary.org.uk
- East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services (serving Reigate and Banstead, Mole Valley and Tandridge): 01737 771350 www.esdas.org.uk
- North Surrey Outreach (serving Epsom and Ewell, Elmbridge and Spelthorne): 01932 260690 http://www.nsdas.org.uk/